- What exactly is the eVisa for Malaysia?
eVISA is an online application platform that enables foreign nationals to apply for an electronic visa to enter Malaysia at the comfort of your convenience.
- Which are the requirements to apply for an eVisa for Malaysia?
You must ensure the following documents are valid prior to apply for an eVISA :
1. Recent passport sized studio photo
2. Passport front page.
3. Confirmed Return flight booking
4. Birth certificate for minor applicants
5. Other documentation depending on applicant's country
- Are there different kinds of E-Visas to apply?
Yes, there are the eVisa (single-Entry Visa) for a maximum of 30 days of stay, eNTRI for Chinese citizens for a maximum of 15 days of stay, eNTRI for Malaysian citizens for a maximum of 15 days of stay.
- How long before my travel date should I apply for an eVISA?
How long before my travel date should I apply for an eVISA?
- Can I apply my eVISA in Malaysia or Singapore?
No. eVISA does not allow applications to apply within Malaysia or Singapore. eVISA must be obtained prior to your entry into Malaysia.
- Am I required to submit any physical document when applying for my eVISA?
No, You are not required to submit any physical documents unless requested by the Malaysian Mission Office.
- Will I receive my eVisa in postal or do I collect it at the Malaysia checkpoint?
You will receive the approved eVisa on Approval Letter into your designated email address.
- Should I re-apply for new eVISA if my departure date changes and the new date is after 3 months?
Yes. You will need to re-apply a new eVISA since the approved visa issuance date by the Department of Immigration Malaysia to enter Malaysia is valid for 3 months only.
- Which is the processing time for getting the eVisa?
Processing time is no more than 24 hours to verify the application.
- Upon receiving my issued eVISA, I have realised that some of the information that I provided was wrong and needs corrections. What should I do?
You must re-apply for a new eVISA with the correct information as per your travel documents.
- The information on my approved eVISA does not fully match the information on my travel document. Can I enter Malaysia with this eVISA?
No. Your eVISA will be considered invalid.
- Can I get a refund if I do not utilise my eVISA?
No refunds for any unutilised eVISA will be entertained.
- What's an eNTRI?
Electronic Travel Registration &Information (eNTRI) is an online registration facility provided by the Government of Malaysia to facilitate the entrance of Malaysian Nationals or PRC nationals residing in Mainland China into Malaysia under the Visa Waiver Programme. An eNTRI Note will be issued as proof of the registration and is required to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia.
- What is the entitlement of the eNTRI Note?
eNTRI Note is valid for a single journey into Malaysia for up to a maximum of 15 days for tourism purposes only.
- What documents are required for the eNTRI Registration?
You must ensure the following documents are valid prior to apply for an eNTRI :
• Passport with validity of at least 6 months
• Latest passport size photo
• Confirmed return flight tickets
• Proof of accommodation
- Is it possible to apply if my travel info is not yet confirmed?
Yes, Please provide estimated information. It's possible to edit the travel information once it's confirmed within 3 months from date of approval.